Scalextric Books ...

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
Luke

Scalextric Books ...

Post by Luke »

When I got back involved with the 1:32 slot-car world in 1999 - catch sight (online) of Scalextric Books ... by Roger Gillham.

Here are recorded names of (all the known) books published & so happened, got myself copies of (and by coincidence) the 5th. Edition & the Scalextric 50th. Anniversary - A Race Through Time ;)

An Enthusiast's Guide to Scalextric Cars and Equipment, Past and Present 1981 Book by Roger Gillham
Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present Book by Roger Gillham - Fully Revised New Edition
Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present Book by Roger Gillham - Fully Revised New Edition
Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present 4th. Edition Book by Roger Gillham
Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present 5th. Edition 2001 Book by Roger Gillham ***
Scalextric: The Definitive Guide 6th. Edition Book by Roger Gillham
Scalextric: The Ultimate Guide 7th. Edition Book by Roger Gillham
Scalextric: A Race Through Time - The Official 50th. Anniversary 2007 Book by Roger Gillham ***
Scalextric: The Ultimate Guide 8th. Edition 2015 Book by Adrian Norman and Roger Gillham
Scalextric: The Ultimate Guide / Tracks and Accessories 9th. Edition 2021 ~ a series of 10 Books by Adrian Norman
Note: The spine of each of the 10 books, bears a letter of the word SCALEXTRIC ... https://slotracer.online/community/show ... p?tid=2152 ... for example: Volume 1 has the letter 'S' and volume 2 has the letter 'C' etc. The 10 volumes are A4 size and weighs approx. 2lbs. plus books may have a page count of 250 to 350 pages.

By extension, there are books by other persons and got (the 2 below) by D. Chang but unfortunately (these 2) were destroyed by flooding-waters in 2012.

The Slot Car Hand Book by Dave Chang ...
Digital Slot Car Racing by Dave Chang ...

Post No.2150
Last edited by Luke on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 14 times in total.
steveaca

Re: Scalextric Books ...

Post by steveaca »

Interesting. Glad the first two weren't destroyed.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Didn't know about this. That's really nice to have. Thanks Luke!
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

I actually have these three books, two of which you mentioned above:

gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Also was given this one several years ago by my long-time friend Gary Huggins:

Luke

Post by Luke »

Gordon,

Those 4 model cars featured on (the front page of) your Vintage Slot Cars book ...

Looks really GR8 and reminds me (so much) of your Vintage Slot Car collection :D

Surprise you didn't get a copy the DIGITAL Slot Car Racing (hand book) by Dave Chang ...

It's probably pointless now though because you're most likely very knowledgeable with all that was written 8-)

Post No.2155
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Forgot about that pic Luke. I have a few more since it was taken.