Scalextric Books ...

Ole talk and things that don't fit anywhere else
Luke

Scalextric Books ...

Post by Luke »

When I got back involved with the 1:32 slot-car world in 1999 - catch sight (online) of Scalextric Books ... by Roger Gillham.

Here are recorded names of (all the known) books published & so happened, got myself copies of (and by coincidence) the Scalextric Past and Present 5th. Edition & the 50th. Anniversary - A Race Through Time ;)
  • An Enthusiast's Guide to Scalextric Cars and Equipment, Past and Present 1981 Book by Roger Gillham
  • Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present Book by Roger Gillham - Fully Revised New Edition
  • Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present Book by Roger Gillham - Fully Revised New Edition
  • Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present 4th. Edition Book by Roger Gillham
  • Scalextric: Cars and Equipment, Past and Present 5th. Edition 2001 Book by Roger Gillham ***
  • Scalextric: The Definitive Guide 6th. Edition Book by Roger Gillham
  • Scalextric: The Ultimate Guide 7th. Edition Book by Roger Gillham
  • Scalextric: A Race Through Time - The Official 50th. Anniversary 2007 Book by Roger Gillham ***
  • Scalextric: The Ultimate Guide 8th. Edition 2015 Book by Adrian Norman and Roger Gillham
  • Scalextric: The Ultimate Guide / Tracks and Accessories 9th. Edition 2021 ~ a series of 10 Books by Adrian Norman
    :arrow: The spine of each of the 10 Books ... bears a letter of the word S C A L E X T R I C! https://slotracer.online/community/show ... p?tid=2152 ... for example: Volume 1 has the letter 'S' and volume 2 has the letter 'C' etc, etc. The 10 volumes are A4 size and weighs approx. 2lbs. plus books may have a page count of 250 to 350 pages.
By extension, there are books by other persons (example: D. Chang) and acquired the 2 below but unfortunately (these 2) were destroyed by flooding-waters in 2012.
  • The Slot Car Hand Book by Dave Chang ***
  • Digital Slot Car Racing by Dave Chang ***
Post No.2150
Last edited by Luke on Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:50 am, edited 24 times in total.
steveaca

Re: Scalextric Books ...

Post by steveaca »

Interesting. Glad the first two weren't destroyed.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Didn't know about this. That's really nice to have. Thanks Luke!
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

I actually have these three books, two of which you mentioned above:

gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Also was given this one several years ago by my long-time friend Gary Huggins:

Luke

Post by Luke »

Gordon,

Those 4 model cars featured on (the front page of) your Vintage Slot Cars book ...

Looks really GR8 and reminds me (so much) of your Vintage Slot Car collection :D

Surprise you didn't get a copy the DIGITAL Slot Car Racing (hand book) by Dave Chang ...

It's probably pointless now though because you're most likely very knowledgeable with all that was written 8-)

Post No.2155
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Forgot about that pic Luke. I have a few more since it was taken.
Luke

Post by Luke »

gordon wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:53 am Forgot about that pic Luke. I have a few more since it was taken.
Even though it's been sometime with this (March 2022) topic ...

Always wanted to suggest Gordon - if you can / will post a pic of your complete Vintage Collection ;) 8-) :D

Post No.2204