We're getting closer to starting back...

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
gordon
Site Admin

We're getting closer to starting back...

Post by gordon »

Hi Guys,

We've had quite a tumultuous period in all our lives over the past three months with the COVID pandemic and while we don't know what the long-term future holds, in the short term, our Government has set June 22nd as the date that things open up to the fullest that they have been over this period.

At the moment, I'm not aware of any clear directive on when we can or should have gatherings at private homes, however when we are able to resume racing at FRC (and I think we're getting close), I'd like our first event to be a somewhat informal one where we bring along whatever cars we'd like to test. Of course, we can also run some impromptu races and generally start getting back into the "feel" of our great slot car hobby. After this, our next official scheduled class grouping is for the fast cars, Modified Production (MP), Restricted GT (RGT), Restricted LMP (RLMP), Formula 1 (F1).

I'm hoping that we'll be allowed to start back soon after June 22nd and as such I'm looking at a possible date of Thursday July 9th for this informal event, so let's keep this date in mind. Of course, we'll be sticking to the proper protocols of face masks and we'll also do our best with minimal person-to-person contact, hand sanitizer and physical distancing.

Let's hear your thoughts.

Gordon
steveaca

Re: We're getting closer to starting back...

Post by steveaca »

This is great news ! Looking forward to the first post-lockdown event on (tentatively) 9th July. I have a number of cars to try, mostly the Clubman class cars of which I have three definite and a possible fourth .
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Gordon, it looks like the two of us are the only ones that have any interest in resuming action at FRC.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Steve, I think that the FRC WhatsApp chat is preferred by most as a way of communicating their thoughts (and jokes). Hopefully we'll start getting some more interest and posts/feedback on the forum once we get going at the track again.
RameshB

Post by RameshB »

Hi guys we are all set to return to racing , it's easier to wats app but the forum communication is very much needed . Keep safe all.