A New Circuit

FRC's latest news and information of interest to members
steveaca

Re: A New Circuit

Post by steveaca »

All the best with the setup of the new circuit.
Luke

Post by Luke »

... Completion Update ...

From the top of this (page 1) topic on Fri. 15th May 2020 to this faithful post - Sat. 11th July 2020 ...

By and large, it was all pulled together, three (3) days short of two (2) months & the SSD Track was dubbed 8-)
  • KRC - Kenny's Racing Circuit
Without a doubt, the project was well-coordinated three (3) weeks before - Fri. 31st July 2020 - due date.

On a separate note:

Although pics of the activities were posted on WhatsApp, I will look into postings a few here ;)

Thanks to all for the encouragement, support and kudos :)

Luke
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hello Gentlemen,

Thought I could mention ... and hopefully all is well with everyone.

A few days after KRC was completed - I remembered getting a very happy & sociable phone call from Kenny how amazing his new SSD Circuit is looking and working. He emphasized how smooth slot-cars were running all-around the circuit plus his son Kadan is enjoying the (first time) In & Out pit-lane sector.

Further to discussion - we both agreed how interesting it was to know there were no loss of power with cars racing around circuit. Especially with no jumper cables necessary at the time ...

That said and a few months later ...

I recently got a call from Kenny that he is now experiencing power loss on two (2) arears on the circuit.

First in the middle of the back straightaway and the Second in the middle of the front straightaway and (hard to believe) just before the Power-Base supply :-/

So, we are making plans for a Saturday at Noon to see if the Scalextric C8248 Track Power Booster Cables or even the PSR ... Track Power Booster Shims / Strips will fix the situation.

Know, I will give an update how things are going 8-)

Post No.2097

Luke
Luke

Post by Luke »

Got some Great News ... about the Front & Back Straightaways.

The Scalextric C8248 Track Power Booster Cables restored the loss of power :)
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

That's great Luke. I'm particularly intrigued by the PSR strips mind you. I think they are a great option for better power without having to raise the track.