Class groupings from next event

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

Class groupings from next event

Post by gordon »

Guys, we’ve had a number of sessions over the past months since the onset of COVID, with varying numbers of races at each. These races have all been totally impromptu which was fine, but I’d like to get back to a bit more structure this year. I’ve looked at all the classes those who’ve been participating have cars prepped for and I’ve come up with the following two initial class groupings to try:
  1. Clubman, Kitbash, Vintage Sports GT, Vintage Sports Prototype
  2. BTCC, American Pony Car, Modified Production, GT
So from the next event we’ll run Group A and the following one Group B, continuing to alternate them for subsequent events. On each race day we can do say one hour of practice and testing, then qualify and run the the four allocated classes. We can then possibly do a second round with as many of the classes as time allows.

Once we all have more cars for other classes prepped, we can either rearrange the two class groupings to accommodate them or create a third grouping if necessary.

What do you all think of this?
O'Brie

Re: Class groupings from next event

Post by O'Brie »

Sounds good to me G! I have an opportunity to start work on the cars this weekend so you will be hearing from me if you don’t mind😐
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

I’ll look forward to it!
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Sounds good to me. The class groupings are are good mix and I like the idea of a bit more structure in order to get some more actual racing done. Looking forward to the next event !
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

BTW, yesterday I tried starting the Windows environment on my laptop where the race management software is run from and it started up immediately without any problems. I have no idea why it was giving the error which prevented it from starting on Saturday. Seems that we’re good to go for next event.
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Glad to hear that we'll have the computer at the next event.