Potential Class Mixings (Inclusions)

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

Potential Class Mixings (Inclusions)

Post by gordon »

Looking at the relatively small number of drivers attending our sessions of late, as well as the limited number of cars some currently have, I've come up with the following table of potential class inclusions that we can run at events. They're always loaner cars available, however this way, those of us with limited cars can have a potential opportunity to race our own cars in one or more classes other than the class it was prepared for. The key stipulation is that any such cars cannot have the fastest qualifying time, nor set the fastest race time, otherwise they will be excluded from the results.

This chart takes into consideration the body type of the car as well as its period, both of which must meet the class requirements.

Let's hear your thoughts!
steveaca

Re: Potential Class Mixings (Inclusions)

Post by steveaca »

I'm in agreement with the idea in general, and particularly like the stipulation that a car that's not actually from the class being raced should not be the fastest car in a race. I do think though that there are some classes for which certain regulations of the original class or certain types of car would preclude the addition of other classes. My current thinking on the suggested class inclusions is as follows:
-Kitbash: No inclusions allowed
-Clubman: Omit Pony Car. No GT type cars from Rally class allowed
-Vintage Sport GT: No inclusions allowed
-Vintage Sport Prototype:Omit Kitbash (unless of Vintage Sport type car), include Vintage Sport GT
-Historic Saloon:No GT-type cars from Rally class allowed
-American Pony Car:No inclusions allowed
-Restricted GT:Inclusions must be GT type cars
-LMP:Omit Kitbash
-Slot.it Challenge:Okay
-F1:Okay
-BTCC:Omit Kitbash and Modified Production, include Historic saloon
-Rally car:Omit Pony Car and GT. All cars must have a driver and a navigator.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of others.
Steve
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

steveaca wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:27 am I'm in agreement with the idea in general, and particularly like the stipulation that a car that's not actually from the class being raced should not be the fastest car in a race. I do think though that there are some classes for which certain regulations of the original class or certain types of car would preclude the addition of other classes. My current thinking on the suggested class inclusions is as follows:
Steve here are my immediate responses to your suggestions:

-Kitbash: No inclusions allowed
I take it that you feel that including other cars here is not in keeping with the concept of kitbashing, however there are several cars which conform to the Kitbash period, body and chassis requirements, so even if other components do not conform, once a car is not the fastest car in the group, why not allow it?

-Clubman: Omit Pony Car. No GT type cars from Rally class allowed
Why no Pony Cars once the period is met? I already have my Mustang GT350 set up for the class and this is an early pony car. I agree with no GT cars and probably no rally cars, as these have two figures in the car.

-Vintage Sport GT: No inclusions allowed
Agree.

-Vintage Sport Prototype:Omit Kitbash (unless of Vintage Sport type car), include Vintage Sport GT
I understand your logic here - the Kitbash part - of course; the VSGT would be okay since those races already included both prototype and GT, however the class would be still VSP.

-Historic Saloon:No GT-type cars from Rally class allowed
Agree.

-American Pony Car:No inclusions allowed
Should allow Kitbash and Clubman once its a pony car and meets the period requirements.

-Restricted GT:Inclusions must be GT type cars
Agree.

-LMP:Omit Kitbash
Agree.

-Slot.it Challenge:Okay
Agree.

-F1:Okay
Agree.

-BTCC:Omit Kitbash and Modified Production, include Historic saloon
Should allow Kitbash and Modified Production once its a BTCC car and meets the period requirements.

-Rally car:Omit Pony Car and GT. All cars must have a driver and a navigator.
Mustangs, Camaros, and possibly other pony cars have competed in rallys, as have GT cars. Agree that they all require driver and navigator. To simplify things they really should not be allowed unless they have both driver and navigator.
steveaca

Post by steveaca »

Hi Gordon,
I believe we are mostly in agreement here. Let's go along with your amended suggestions. The main thing is that we go racing and if these inclusions allow more participants or at least allow the existing participants the opportunity to use more of their cars, I'm all for it.
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

My thoughts exactly Steve. Up above in my response I had meant to finish by saying that we can sort it out when we meet and as we start trying it out, but I forgot to add it.