BTCC Car Reservations

All things related to racing at FRC
gordon
Site Admin

Re: BTCC Car Reservations

Post by gordon »

O'Brie wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:27 pm Might i suggest that we do not allow the PCR chassis with slot it pod. We will end up with the same problems AGAIN!!!
As the proposed regs say:

Chassis: Standard for the particular model.
Luke

Post by Luke »

steveaca wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 am Let's see who will be first to register a VW Passat or an MG6 !
:arrow: Only these 2 models, the BMW & Honda (4 in all) are available :?:

Luke
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

Four models in all at present, however any number of the same model can race, as long as the liveries are unique.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks Gordon,

I was only double checking the models available & understand that any amount racing but with different liveries.

Yours and O’brie Honda Civic models for instance :)
  • This may or may not surprise you ...
How I’m thinking about competing in this new BTCC class and most likely with the Scalextric C4017 MG6 GT No.6 model but noticed it’s over the minimum weight by 2gm ~ and maybe make adjustment for 8-)

Luke
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hey Gordon,

I case you’re wondering if I’m going to definitely order the MG6 (C4017) model ... and make reservations.

Will let you know for sure (soon) because I’m now looking at some other models in more detail.

Hopefully this is AOK :)

Luke
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

That's great news Luke. Looking forward to racing with you, along with the others!
O'Brie

Post by O'Brie »

G are we going to emphasize that this is a “SCALEXTRIC BTCC” class only? as we have had instances where a substantial advantage was available with another manufacturer. For now there are no other manufacturer but that could change overnight! I think we all enjoy the great fun when we have close racing win or lose “Close” is the key. Not many of the classes offer that again :cry:
gordon
Site Admin

Post by gordon »

O'Brie wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:22 pm G are we going to emphasize that this is a “SCALEXTRIC BTCC” class only? as we have had instances where a substantial advantage was available with another manufacturer. For now there are no other manufacturer but that could change overnight! I think we all enjoy the great fun when we have close racing win or lose “Close” is the key. Not many of the classes offer that again :cry:
Just clarified those points in the proposed regs. Also added a note regarding the downforce I would like to see.
Luke

Post by Luke »

steveaca wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 am Let's see who will be first to register a VW Passat or an MG6 !
Gordon,

The Honda models seems to be (at least for now) the order of the day :D

However AOK to be the first to record a MG6 (No.6) model and hopefully sometime soon a VW Passat version by someone else.

It will be great to see a full grid of the 4 types of BTCC models 8-)

Luke
Luke

Post by Luke »

Also noted and enjoyed how you post pics of all models (plus who selected what) to choose from ...

All in the order of BMW 5, Honda 7, MG6 3 & VW Passat 3 equals 18 models 8-)