Formula 1 (F1)
(Last changed - Jan 2018)
Amendments for the 2021 racing season are indicated in blue. Amendments made during the 2021 racing season (if any) are indicated in purple.
For F1 cars.
- Period: 2000 onwards.
- Body: F1 or F1-type body.
- Max Width: 63mm (left tyre edge to right tyre edge).
- Interior: At least shelf and driver head required.
- Motor: Any motor up to 18,000 RPM.
- Magnets: USD Rule. Magnets must be positioned at least 5mm ahead of rear axle.
- Wheels: 14mm max diameter without tyres, excluding centre ridge.
- Tyres: Front: Free but must be no less than 18mm diameter. Rear: Free but must be F1 size (no less than 18mm diameter and no less than 11mm wide).
Formula 1 (F1) - No magnet
(Last changed - Feb 2021)
Everything as per the Formula 1 (F1) rules above except the following:
- Magnets: No traction magnets allowed.
- Ground Clearance: 1.0 mm minimum under motor. See "Checking the ground clearance (where applicable)" in the General - All Classes section of the regulations.