Historic Saloon (HS)
(Last changed - Jan 2019)
Amendments for the 2021 racing season are indicated in blue. Amendments made during the 2021 racing season (if any) are indicated in purple.
For slot models of cars based on production saloon/sedan and road going sports cars from the 1960s and 1970s, but excluding cars eligible for the American Pony Car class.
- Period: 1960-1979.
- Body: Windows may not be tinted. Maximum body width of 60 mm.
- Chassis: Original, but may be modified provided guide flag position and axle positions remain unaltered. No angle-winder configurations.
- Interior: Full interior for the particular model. May be altered if necessary to install digital chip and/or to clear motor.
- Motor: Up to 18,000 RPM.
- Magnets: USD Rule. All magnets must be positioned ahead of centreline of the distance between guide flag pivot point and rear axle (see diagram below).
- Wheels: Standard or may be substituted, but must be as close as possible to standard diameter (excluding ridge).
Historic Saloon (HS) - No magnet
(Last changed - Feb 2021)
Everything as per the Historic Saloon (HS) rules above except the following:
- Magnets: No traction magnets allowed.
- Ground Clearance: 1.0 mm minimum under motor. See "Checking the ground clearance (where applicable)" in the General - All Classes section of the regulations.